Cemetery St. Marx, Vienna
The Cemetery St. Marxin the Vienna district Landstraße is a classical Biedermeier graveyard used from 1784 to 1874. It became famous, because it is the last resting place of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and some other famous Vienna residents like Josef Madersperger and Josef Strauss. Over the years, the rest of the cemetery decayed. In the 20th century it was restored, put under historic preservation status, and opened to the public in 1937. Today, the Cemetery is an amazing place to take romantic pictures of perishability and mortality - a place for contemplation and reflection.